First Aid at Work
Quantum First Aid Training can deliver the 18 hour First Aid at Work course at our training venue or at your place of work for 4 or more people if it is practical to do so. This course is designed for those in a high risk workplace and includes the manufacturing, construction, agriculture and fabrication industries.
These courses can be contextualised in accordance with your specific workplace hazards.
Day 1 of this course is the Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus.
Course content includes the following:
- Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
- Primary Survey – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents, DR ABCDE
- Secondary Survey
- Recovery Position including injury related variations
- Resuscitation (CPR) drowning CPR,
- Familiarisation and use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED),
- Blood Loss – effective bandaging, use of haemostatic dressings and tourniquets
- Hard and soft tissue damage to the chest, abdomen, pelvis, and management of leg and arm breaks, fractures and sprains and includes improvised techniques for remote environments.
- Medical Emergencies to include the following: heart attacks, angina, diabetes, asthma, epilepsy and strokes.
- Recognition of and treatment of burns
- Recognition of and treatment of poisons
- Animal bites and stings
- Anaphylaxis awareness and auto-injector training.
- First Aid kits including varies options available.
- Accident reporting
Assessment and certification
Assessment is continuous by the trainer(s)/assessor(s) and certification is from the Awarding Organisation ITC First and is valid for 3 years.
To receive First Aid at Work certification candidates must reach the required standards.
Upcoming First Aid at Work courses:
First Aid at Work Course – 3 day courses.
£210 For individuals, for group bookings please inquire.
Please note all our costs inc. tax, certification & FA manual, there are no hidden costs.
- First Aid at Work Course (3 days) – 5th – 7th July 2022 Brandsby, North Yorkshire
- First Aid at Work Course (3 days) – 13th – 15th September 2022 Brandsby, North Yorkshire
- First Aid at Work Course (3 days) – 11th – 13th October 2022 Brandsby, North Yorkshire
- First Aid at Work Course (3 days) – 8th – 10th November 2022 Brandsby, North Yorkshire